Akbayan files petition to disqualify Bongbong Marcos from 2022 polls

Share this information:

THE Akbayan Citizens’ Action Party (Akbayan) filed a petition today asking for the disqualification of former Senator Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. from running as president in next year’s national elections.

In a 12-page petition, the group said Marcos is perpetually banned from occupying any position in government because of a 1995 conviction on tax evasion.

The petitioner argued that the Commission on Elections (Comelec) would be remiss in its duty if it would still be allowed to wait for a petition to cancel the Certificate of Candidacy of Marcos.

Relatedly, a protest action was held by Akbayan and other civic leaders this morning in front of the Comelec office at the Palacio del Gobernador in Intramuros, Manila.

Meanwhile, there was no reply yet from the Marcos camp when asked to react against this latest petition, the sixth overall, seeking for his disqualification from Election 2022.

Atty. Vic Rodriguez, spokesperson for Marcos, had earlier said they won’t reply or react against what he called “gutter politics” being employed by critics of the former senator.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Next Post

Resolution filed to give "contractual" workers in gov't "gratuity pay" for FY 2021

Thu Dec 2 , 2021
A RESOLUTION was filed today in the House of Representatives, urging President Rodrigo Duterte to give a P10,000 “gratuity pay” incentive for Job Order (JO) and Contract of Service (COS) workers in government for Fiscal Year 2021. In House Resolution 2391, it noted that the JO and COS workers in […]
%d bloggers like this: