Three suspected NPA rebels died during military operations in Samar

Share this information:

THE Commander of the 8th Infantry Division and Joint Task Force Storm Commander Major General Edgardo de Leon said that three suspected members of the New People’s Army were killed after a follow–up operation was conducted by government forces.

The military continues its pursuit of those involved in causing the explosion of a landmine among military personnel in Mapanas, Northern Samar.

Utilizing drones, the military was able to pinpoint the rebel camp full of high-powered firearms that resulted in a series of encounters.

According to De Leon, it is possible that the group they encountered came from Platoon Yakal of the NPA, a group that the military had been tracking for a long time.

The identities of the rebel fatalities, two male and one female, are still undetermined at this time.

Their remains have already been picked up by helicopter.

De Leon said, meanwhile, that they expect future encounters in the deeper parts of the mountains since the NPA rebels cannot go to the communities anymore to hide.

It can be recalled that seven soldiers were wounded in a rebel ambush when they were hit by a landmine explosion on July 5.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.