1,000 college students benefit from Dinalupihan SPES

Share this information:

DINALUPIHAN, Bataan – MUNICIPAL Mayor Maria Angela “Gila” Garcia on Friday morning led the orientation and contract signing of the third batch of more than 1,000 college students who passed the online screening for this town’s Special Program for the Employment of Students (SPES).

Mayor Garcia said the local government has allotted P9 million for the project in cooperation with the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) and the provincial government’s Iskolar ng Bataan.

SPES is a bridging mechanism project of DOLE that enables student-beneficiaries to gain skills and workplace experience.

“Last year nasa 2,000 students ang beneficiaries natin kasama mga senior high school students  but due to the Covid-19 pandemic, mga 18-30 year-old college students only ang nagqualify sa ginawa naming online screening via Google form,” Garcia told local newsmen.

She added that 60 percent of the budget for this project came from the municipal government and the remaining 40% came from DOLE.

Each beneficiary will earn P452.77 per day for 20 days or more than P9,000. The job is in line with the Municipality’s vision to become a modern agropolis, that is to plant vegetables like cabbage, okra and tomatoes in their own backyards.

Later on, aside from their 20-day salary, the harvest will also be given to each beneficiary of the said program. Each beneficiary signed a contract with accident insurance from GSIS.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.