President Rodrigo Duterte, via a taped live meeting with his cabinet, addressed the nation again last night.
Below is the summary of his message to the country:
• Duterte again called out the critics of government, saying they will have something to say no matter what his administration will do.
• Duterte is glad that the people are “enjoying” the Manila Bay white sand based on reception it received when it was opened to the public last weekend.
• Defense Secretary Delfin Lorenzana announced that around 80,000 OFWs are expected to return in the country soon. He also added that 1,570 Filipinos have already returned from Sabah and 400 more are expected to back home.
• Interior Secretary Eduardo Año thanked the President for maintaining one-meter distance requirement in public transportation, this after some members of the cabinets recommended lowering the distance up to .3 meters.
• Año reported that 16,879 crime incidents recorded during the lockdown, lower by 47 percent compared from last year plus no lootings was reported. Rape cases was also down by 24 percent based on the DILG data.
• President Duterte praised Ombudsman Martires did his best to help multi-agency task force that probed PhilHealth and reminded everyone, “Sana patuloy pakikisama natin.”
• Praises were also given by the President to DENR Secretary Roy Cimatu because the people are “now enjoying the benefits of the determined action of a cabinet member to do good.”
President Duterte then discussed the government which and assured the public that “We have done our best. We have responded to the medical needs…at the very high cost of human effort… We are surviving and we are waiting for the vaccine.”
He also suggested, ” If you really want to do away with COVID, isprayan natin itong Pilipinas, Maynila ng pesticide galing sa eroplano para patay lahat.”
President Duterte ended his speech with yet another warning to all drug pushers and NPA and expressed his dismay to all of them.
To drug pusher: “Huminto na kayo kasi mamamatay kayo… Mamamatay ka talaga kasi lalaban ka kasi alam mo makukulong ka.”
To NPA members: “ala akong magawa sa inyo. Galit ako sa inyo. Ayoko nang magsalita.”