Palace hints at reverting some areas back to GCQ status

Share this information:

TAKING cue from the latest figures breaching the 2,000 mark, Malacañang hinted on reverting some areas under loose movement restrictions.

In a radio interview, presidential spokesperson Harry Roque, however, did not disclose the areas under modified general community quarantine (MGCQ) that will be placed under GCQ next month. He added that President Rodrigo Duterte has yet to make a final decision on the matter.

“Napakahirap po kasi magsalita kasi talagang nirereserba natin kay Presidente ‘yung desisyon,” Roque said.

“Ang importante po siguro sa ganitong punto ay ikumpirma na may mga lugar tayo na magkakaroon ng escalation po from MGCQ, magiging GCQ,” he said.

“May ilang probinsyang scheduled for escalation ay naghahanda na para magpatupad ng mas mahigpit na community quarantine.”

Baguio City Mayor Benjamin Magalong earlier said that the Cordillera Administrative Region (CAR) will return to GCQ. Twelve cases of the UK coronavirus variant were earlier detected in Bontoc, Mountain Province, which is part of CAR.

Metro Manila, meanwhile, will remain under GCQ, according to Taguig City Mayor Lino Cayetano on Wednesday.

The Philippines has so far reported 518,407 COVID-19 cases, with 10,481 deaths.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.