A TOP Palace official said that the government is looking at ramping up the national government’s vaccination campaign through intensified means such as a possible “house-to-house” vaccination effort.
Acting presidential spokesperson and Cabinet Secretary Karlo Nograles said in a radio interview Saturday said the proposal is looking at vaccinating the vulnerable and senior citizens residing outside the National Capital Region (NCR) and other provinces within the NCR’s immediate perimeter called “NCR Plus.”
He said the “house-to-house” effort’s success depends on the “cooperation with the local government units (LGUs) and the general public.”
Nograles pointed out that the house-to-house vaccination campaign has been very effective among senior citizens and vulnerable sectors with mobility concerns as it allows them to have access to vaccination and do not have to worry commuting to vaccination centers.
So far, a total of 117,337,626 doses of COVID-19 vaccines have already been administered by the government, with 58,510,560 as first doses and 4,403,780 booster doses.
A total of 54,457,863 persons have already been fully vaccinated as of January 13, which is about 70.6 percent of the government’s target population has been achieved, according to the National Task Force Against COVID-19.