Cash aid distribution deadline extended

Share this information:

TAKING cue from the mounting clamor of local executives, Malacañang announced an extension on the deadline in which local government units (LGUs) may be able to distribute the aid meant to help 22.9 million low-income earners from Metro Manila and four adjoining provinces within a reasonable timetable.

“In-extend ang deadline na makumpleto ang pamamahagi ng financial assistance hanggang a-15 ng Mayo 2021,” said presidential spokesman Harry Roque, following appeals for the deadline’s extension amid difficulties that LGUs have been encountering in view of the government-imposed restriction.

Aside from moving the deadline to May 15, Roque also said that the government is also considering automated or house-to-house aid distribution methods.

Local governments were supposedly given 15 days to distribute the cash aid for residents in Metro Manila and surrounding Bulacan, Cavite, Laguna and Rizal provinces, which were under enhanced community quarantine (ECQ), the toughest lockdown level, from March 29 until April 11. This was later downgraded to a less stringent modified ECQ until April 30.

Each individual in the affected areas are supposed to get P1,000 each or get a maximum of P4,000 for each family. However, the LGUs have only so far managed to distribute only P4 billion out of the P22.9-billion funds.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Next Post

More ICU beds for COVID-19 patients in Bulacan

Tue Apr 20 , 2021
Bulacan Governor Daniel Fernando announced on Tuesday that they will add 200 Intensive Care Unit (ICU) beds for severe or at high-risk cases of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) as part of their Covid Surge Capacity Design. Among the measures to be implemented by the provincial government is the designation of the […]

Follow Us

%d bloggers like this: