Many of us have grown accustomed to hitting the beaches as soon as the heat of the dry season hits our backs. There’s nothing more refreshing than taking a dip in the pools or beaches to cool down and enjoy frolicking to our hearts’ content.
No doubt that the dry season is one of the most exciting and anticipated ones for Filipinos to create new memories with family or friends. But enjoying the season hit a big halt with the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic so many decided to prioritize health and safety by staying home.
But that doesn’t mean the season will be less fun or memorable because Airbnb Online Experiences are here to keep the spirit of travel alive with exciting and unique virtual adventures for all ages.
That means no beach, no problem!
To create new and meaningful ways for people to travel virtually during the COVID-19 pandemic, Airbnb launched Online Experiences a year ago. Introducing an online format for Experiences allowed both in-person and new Hosts to earn income during these unprecedented times, and to share their passions and local culture with guests all over the world through the screens of their smartphones and laptops.
Since then, it has swiftly evolved to become one of guests’ favorite ways to travel while staying home. In 2020 Airbnb revealed to Frontpageph.com that 63 percent of guests booked Online Experiences to be entertained and 56 percent booked to learn about other cultures and lifestyles. Food and Drink, says Airbnb, has been the most popular category globally and across the Asia Pacific region, accounting for nearly 40 percent of seats booked, the company told Frontpageph.com.
This year as everyone put their usual trips to the beach and favorite spots on hold, these Airbnb Online Experiences may just provide the perfect indoor summer vacay to enjoy with the gang.
Want to embark on urban adventures across the world? Explore the streets and famous attractions of cities you’ve been yearning to visit! Immerse in interesting local stories and folklore from Airbnb Experience Hosts as they bring you into their very own world.
- Enjoy “A Fabulous Day in Paris with Parisians” Anto, Peter, Herbert and Tais as they bring you to famous sites in the City of Lights, including the Louvre and the Royal Palace. You’ll be sure to pick up a couple of French words before you bid them au revoir.
- If you’ve been dreaming of visiting Japan and experiencing its rich anime culture, Yuki the Otaku can take you on a tour around Akihabara, the Otaku capital of Japan to learn more about Tokyo Anime and its Subcultures.
- Join Host Cinthia on Rio’s Carnival Backstage Live Experience. Learn more about the rich history of the Afro-Brazilian culture and how to play Brazilian drums using items you can find at home.
The pandemic ignited interest in home gardening around the world, as people under lockdown began sprucing up their homes with house plants and enjoying the associated benefits of stress relief and exercise. In the Philippines, the certified “plantitos” and “plantitas” can plant some summer joy with home horticulture. Whether a budding plant enthusiast or an experienced gardener, you’ll surely find an exciting Online Experience on Airbnb.
- Still struggling with overwatering or finding the right amount of light for your plants? Fret not as you learn Plant Care Basics with Hilton Carter.
- For those dreaming of building a mini garden, interior and garden designer Kevin will share several Easy Gardening tips so you can create your personal sanctuary at home.
- Enjoy this Traditional Healing and Houseplants experience with Host Wynnie, as she brings you through the natural healing properties of plants over a cup of tea.
It’s no secret that Filipinos love to eat and explore the culinary world. Many are are always raring to explore the newest restaurant or latest food craze, like mastering dalgona coffee and baking ube pandesal. With the pandemic, maybe it’s time to take your kitchen game a notch higher with these Online Experiences.
- Learn how to make the most authentic and delicious Portuguese sangria on this Sangria and Secrets with Drag Taste experience, while being entertained with live performances by fabulous drag queens. This is a one-of-a-kind, cabaret-style cocktail party you’ll remember for years to come.
- Make Mexican Street Tacos with a Pro Chef as Host Graciela teaches you how to prepare street tacos from scratch – the perfect snack before your afternoon siesta!
- Discover the benefits of delicious and Healthy Asian Fusion Recipes with Parisian cook Chris as he teaches guests how to prepare nutritional yet tasty Asian dishes.
As Filipinos spend more time at home, prioritizing wellness has taken on a whole new meaning as they try to learn self care 101 at home. Here are some rejuvenating Online Experiences that will leave you more grounded and relaxed.
- Meditate with Japanese Buddhist monk Kuniatsu, who has resided for over 20 years at Shitennoji Temple. Take a break with this 60-minute experience as he walks you through different types of meditation practices.
- Enjoy this happiness meditation with chocolate experience as Host and holistic coach Ana demonstrates how chocolate can help bring about inner peace, gratitude and lots of happiness.
- Center your mind and body with this beautiful Cello Meditation Concert hosted by Janice that encourages guests to experience healing and deep relaxation through music.
Whether discovering a far-flung destination for the first time, trying out a new interest, or revisiting a familiar city, travel from home with Online Experiences, a safe and easy way for Filipinos to enjoy a virtual summer vacay from home.
For more exciting Online Experiences, visit http://www.airbnb.com/experiences.